The next meeting of the Scientific Council was held under the leadership of Mingachevir State University rector Akif Hajiyev. One of the issues on the Agenda of the meeting included Quality Asurance process at MSU in the first half of the 2018-2019 academic year. Sabina Guliyeva, director of the Center, gave informtion about the activities carried out in the following directions at the university in accordance with the project "Establishment and Development of Quality Assurance Centers at the Universities of Azerbaijan" (EQAC):
1. Improvement of legal and regulatory support of the University;
2. Enrichment of information;
3. Examining of the organization of educational process;
4. The level of use of new interactive learning technologies;
5. The level of supply of the educational process with the necessary resources;
6. Meeting of training programs and sillabus the relevant requirements;
7. Potential resources and scientific activities of the teaching staff;
8. Determination of satisfaction level of professor-teaching staff;
9. Determination of students' satisfaction with their education at the university (quality of education);
10. Graduates’ preparation level.
At the end of her speech, Guliyeva emphasized the importance of everyone’s responsibly in raising the quality of education and suggested the following proposals:
1. Improvement of curricula and involvement of stakeholders in this work;
2. Organization of self-development training courses for the teaching staff to improve pedagogical skills;
3. Organization of foundation courses at university
4. Enrichment of library.
At the end Mrs. Sabina Guliyeva, director of Quality Assurance and Control on Education Center, answered numerous questions of the board members.
As it is known, Mingachevir State University is a member of the project "Establishment and Development of Quality Assurance Centers in Azerbaijan Universities" (EQAC) funded by EU, which is co-ordinated by Baki Business University , cooperating with five leading European universities and 11 HEIs in the Republic of Azerbaijan. In accordance with this project, Quality Assurance and Control Center was established at Mingachevir State University and it carries out its activities based on the experience gained from the universities KTH (Sweden), SMK and Mykolas Rromeris (Lithuania), and Middlesex University in London.