This phase of project is primarily concentrates on building human capacity through which the QAC will be managed.
1) 2 days info day session will be organized in Baku for the rectors and the already assigned directors of QAC of each local partner university by University of Alicante. The role of Rectors toward the issue of internal quality assurance, due to their responsibilities for activities in the strategic apex, for strategic plan, missions and goals of the Universities, the Rectors are believed to have good insight about organizational structures and capacity in their Universities.
Moreover, they are the persons who directly perform the decisions and policies imposed from IQA. Therefore, they must have better understanding about the internal as well as external factors that may support or hamper the implementation of IQA in their Universities. Also leadership considered as one of the most influential and decisive factors to the IQA implementation in the University. Thus they should recognize the essential of IQA system toward the improvement of institutional quality, and should have strategic vision.
In order to get full support from the rectors, the short and long term objectives and also project outcome will be presented by the coordinator university. We believe that well awareness of rectors about the long term objectives of project in terms of creating Quality culture will help to pull all levels of target group in the same direction and there will be a balance between top down steer and bottom up responsibilities to promote QA process in the Universities.
2) Second training session will last 16 days, 2 administrative staff (staff of Quality Assurance Centres) and 3 managers (priority will be given to vice-rectors and faculty deans) from each AZ universities will join the trainings
The training course will provide comprehensive knowledge on self-assessment tool, a way to benchmark with other organisations and/or as a guide to identify areas of improvement. The implementation of the QMS will enable to reach a holistic view about an institution’s functions, as well as its strengths and weaknesses, which in turn allow identifying bottlenecks and therefore improve the organisation’s processes. In order to improve the results of an organisation, self-assessment and continuous improvement must be approached in a systematic and sustainable way. When implementing the QMS it is important to assure the whole organisation staff involvement. This allows enhancing employees’ awareness of the importance of quality, raises understanding and awareness of quality-related issues, improves organisation`s results, promotes understanding about the importance of self-assessment. Participation in implementation process also helps to develop organisational learning within the organisation, giving the organisation feedback on its strengths and areas for improvement
The trainings will cover :
• 2 days ISO 9001:2015 – QMS implementation project presentation
• 2 days ISO 9001 – requirements for the education organizations
• 3 days ISO 9001:2015 - process management approach
• 3 days ISO 9001:2015 - internal auditors training
• 3 days Quality improvement tools (e.g. Lean, Six sigma)
• 3 days Quality management office organizationThis phase of project is primarily concentrates on building human capacity through which the QAC will be managed.